Jijamata Mahavidyalaya Buldhana is run by Shri Shivaji Education Society, Amravati and it was established in 1956. The college has a rich tradition of sports culture since its establishment. The Department of Physical Education and Sports is always working with the objective of providing good health to everyone by imparting comprehensive sports training and conducting various sports competitions for all the college students through various indoor and outdoor sports.
The aim of Physical Education and Sports Department is all round development of each and every student of the college as well as the society to build the strong builders of the nation through regular physical activities which can improve cardio respiratory fitness, build strong bones and muscles, control weight, reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression, reduce the risk of developing health conditions, and promote general health and mental health. The main motive behind performing physical and sports activities is "must be to make every student physically, mentally and emotionally fit," and help the students "to live happily with others and build him as a good citizen.”
The Physical Education Department of college provides facilities of playgrounds for various outdoor games like Volleyball, Handball, Ball-badminton, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho and Indoor games like chess, Table-Tennis, Carom, and college Gymnasium is also available in the campus.
College provides following incentives to the students for excellent performance in the sports at various levels:
1. College felicitates the outstanding students for excellent performance in sports on the occasion of Birth Anniversary of late. Bhausaheb Panjabrao Deshmukh, the founder of Shri Shivaji Education society, Amravati.
2. Outstanding sportsmen are honored with Medals, shields, cups, cash prizes, tracksuits, Memento and certificates. Some prizes are willingly sponsored by local entrepreneurs and alumni of the college.
3. Amravati University ordinance provides incentive marks to the sportsmen in intercollegiate and university games.
4. Sportsmen are given priorities in the college admissions. In addition, they are provided sports coaching and training.
5. Their sports achievements are brought to the notice of the society through newspapers and college magazine