It is said that ‘Books are the best friends of man’. They always guide us. The library which provides books to the curious learners is always a source of knowledge, pleasure and inspiration.
In this sense the library of Jijamata Mahavidyalaya, Buldhana can also be called as a “Temple of learning.” This college was established in the year 1956 by the great visionary Krushiratna, Shikshanmaharshi Late Dr. Panjabrao Alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh. The founder Principal Prof. R.N. Kharche inspired by the thoughts of Bhausaheb was also visionary who left no stone unturned for educating and uplifting the poor and down trodden people in the rural areas surrounding to Buldhana . Today it is a full fledge degree college as well as P.G. importing education in science, arts and commerce faculties. The junior college also attached to it.
The library of college was started on a humble note. During the first year of its inception it was situated in a small room with just about 530 books in it. The college received U.G.C grant to the college for the library building and consequently there is today a spacious infrastructure of library having the carpet area 3800 sq. feet.
Library has following sections, circulation, reading room, Stack room, NRC facilities and Librarians cabin. Total capacity 60 students. Library has internet facility with 04 computers for students. The library functions on an open access system for the faculty members and the research scholars. But the students have partially open access. The library remains open from morning till evening on all working days.